Rear Suspension Mods

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Rear Suspension Mods
From: "Jerry Causey" <reecau@whidbey.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 1996 11:54:39 +0800
Perhaps the major focus of my LBC ownership is making my 1967 MGB GT
the very best that it can be. Unfortunately my income isn't always up
to my inclinations. Two additional modifications to my rear
suspension which I have not been able to justify cost-wise are
traction bars, which sell for about $300 (!), with shipping, and a
Panhard rod, which seems only to be available from race car shops, at
a price I'm afraid to check. Both of these items seem to be very
simple to fabricate for a lot less money. JC Whitney sells traction
bars for off-road and mini-trucks for only $63. Anyone know who might be
the manufacturer? Anyone have a source for working drawings and/or a
parts list for building either part? I found one Web site of the sort
of thing I'm looking for, but it is a very generic design for a trailer:
    http://www.atldev.com/bob/school/panhardbar.htm

And another Web site (for Ford Mustangs) of a great design, but of
course, no usable detail for an MG:
    http://www.digisys-one.com/maxm/mm-1sus.htm

Regards,
Jerry Causey