Re; clutch stuck

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re; clutch stuck
From: dondaves@ix.netcom.com (Don Daves)
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 1996 11:32:48 -0800
>You wrote,
>Having recently aquired an " unfinished project"  '69 Roadster, I
>have managed to get the engine running and wish to establish the
>state of the transmission etc. However, I cannot engage a gear whilst
>the engine is running. I appears that the cluch is stuck to the fly
>wheel. What options do I have ?

>Phil.

I had the same problem when I had my 66 Sprite - it used to get stored
2 or 3 years at a time and the clutch would stick to the flywheel.
First, make sure the slave and clutch arm are operating when the pedal
is depressed.  Sometimes, I was able to simply rock the car back and
forth in 1st gear while holding the clutch pedal down (you need someone
to help you with this).  But once, I had to resort to starting the car
in 1st gear (could be dangerous, so be careful!), then while driving
down the road, holding the clutch pedal down, get on and off the
throttle - sort of jerking the car with a hard throttle on and snapped
off, then on again.  Eventually the clutch would free up.

Hope this helps, and if you use my extreme method, make sure your
brakes are ok and keep your hand ready to switch off the ignition in
case you need an emergency stop.

Don Daves      <dondaves@ix.netcom.com>
Santa Cruz, CA.
65 Sunbeam Tiger (his)