Re:

To: Mark Sherman <Marksherman@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re:
From: stevet@hbp.com (Steve Tritle)
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 1996 11:44:30 -0500
Mark Sherman wrote:

> Steve Tritle wrote:
> I have a TD and use 80W90 gear oil in the transmission (gearbox). I have
> heard of the wonders of using synthetics in our LBC's.
> Can anyone give some real life experiences and suggestions which Redline
> gear oil I should use. I seem to remember the MTL stuff is what I need.
> Waiting with anticipation.
> Steve Tritle
>
> I've been using Amsoil Synthetic Gear Lube (80W90) in the gearbox and
> differential
> of my '53 TD for about a year.  I took it out for a run yesterday (about 40
> degrees F and sunny in New Jersey, top down of course and sidecurtains
> stowed).  The car's thermometer never ran above 75 degrees C.  The
> transmission was smooth as silk, except of course when I missed a shift or
> beat the synchros.
>
> Mark
Mark,

Had my TD out yesterday too. I have the top up with curtains in place.
I want to get the wrinkles out of the top. Uh huh. Are you buying this?
I live in So. Central PA and it was chilly here too. My car shifted OK
but not as smooth when cold as I would like. now I'm fixing my brake
light that never worked.

Took out the old brake switch and put in a new one. Voila! Brake lights.
Now it's the most dim filament that illuminates with brake pedal
depressed. Now to figure out which wires I need to switch to get the
bright filament to illuminate with brake pedal depressed.

Steve
52 TD