RE: Slow turn indicator.

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Slow turn indicator.
From: Nick Pitt <nick.pitt@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 96 15:13:00 PST
I had the same problem with units I bought at an autojumble. And it took me
just as long to sort it.!!

          Nick ('73B)
 ----------
From: mgs-owner
To: mgs
Subject: Slow turn indicator.
Date: 03 December 1996 00:52

A few days ago, I posted a request for ideas on where to look for bad
ground,
etc. that would cause LH turn signal to flash very slowlly compared to RH,
and to slow down even more when electrical accessories (headlights, brakes,
wiper motor) were switched on.

After considerable searching with and without my multimeter, I found my
problem: the front signal bulb!  Apparently it was the wrong
wattage/voltage.
It worked, but was not allowing enough current flow.  It was not a corrosion
problem either since wire brushing the base of the bulb did not help.
Swapping bulbs instantly corrected the problem.

One day I'll learn to check the easy things first!