Re: *Where* is Carlisle...

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: *Where* is Carlisle...
From: Stephen Hildebrand <hildebra@dickinson.edu>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 1996 18:34:06 -0500 (EST)
> >  What is Carlisle?  .................

> Mike

> Not,  "What is Carlisle";  but, *where* is Carlisle?

> Larry Hoy
> 1969 MGB

        Larry,
           Carlisle is in the heart of Pennsylvania, about 15 minutes from
the state capitol of Harrisburg.  It's situated directly off the PA
Turnpike (exit 16) and is also met by I-81.  (the only place where the
Pike and 81 meet is Carlisle) As such, it's quite accessible.  For more
time help here's some info:

        From Carlisle to Baltimore      :       2 hours or less
                      to Philadelphia   :       2 hours
                      to New York City  :       3 - 3.5 hours
                      to Pittsburgh     :       3 - 3.5 hours

For those of you unfortunate few who must fly to Carlisle, Harrisburg has
an airport with service from some of the major carriers, but don't know
exactly which ones.  If anybody needs any more information just let me
know, just so happens I go to school here in Carlisle...

                                                        Steve

Oh yes... And if you plan on staying overnight I would recommend getting
reservations at a hotel early ... the hotels fill up quickly when a show
is in town...

--------
hildebra@dickinson.edu
hildebra@nova.cs.dickinson.edu