RE: Crank pulley

To: "kevins@borris.khoros.unm.edu" <kevins@borris.khoros.unm.edu>
Subject: RE: Crank pulley
From: George Merryweather <merryweather@venus.connectware.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 1996 07:11:49 -0600
A word of Caution!

If you do change the front cover, which is highly recommended, (by me, =
anyhow), make sure you change the oil slinger from the 'A' style to the =
'B' style.  The 'B' one has a much lower profile which allows it to fit =
behind the thicker rubber seal housing.  (JIC, the slinger is the large, =
nearly flat washer that fits over the end of the crankshaft, just prior =
to putting on the cover.)

The crank pulleys have been known to 'de-rivetize'.  But new ones are =
available. (Moss $51.88).  Used ones are fairly plentiful as well.  I'd =

George Merryweather
merryweather@connectware.com