Re: Name that car!

To: Jeremy Baxter <jeremy.baxter@parallax.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Name that car!
From: "W. R. Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 1996 09:51:35 -0500 (EST)
On Thu, 5 Dec 1996, Jeremy Baxter wrote:

> I took some pictures of some cars the other month, and am just getting
> around to scanning them and writing a web page, but can anyone tell me what
> the cars are in the pic. at http://www.parallax.co.uk/~jeremyb/don4.jpg
>
> I assume there just frog-eyed sprited with non standard shells on, but there
> are 3 of them.

The cars in the center and right are "Sebring" Sprites.  They have a
replacement nose and a top that grafts onto the cowl replacing the stock
windshield.  The car on the left may be as well, but it is hard to tell.
Either this is a very rare gathering of these cars, or they are
replicas.  I'm told someone in England makes the bits to make replicas.

I would love to know a US or Canadian source for a fiberglas replica of
the sebring bonnet.

                gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu  (802) 656-8910