RE: OH NO!! Not a towbar!!

To: car@texas.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: OH NO!! Not a towbar!!
From: "Blair Engle" <engle@mailer.martech.fsu.edu>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 1996 17:10:46 -0500 (EST)
Well lets see if the net is back in proper order.

> I'm curious! Has anyone out there in LBC-land had a tow-bar made for their
> "darlings?"
>
> Note: I am trying to be ~practical~ here, not a "non-faithful" sort...

I built a tow-bar for my TD many years ago.  I used it to tow from NY to
Orlando, FL with no problems.  It has come in handy when I twisted off an
axle (twice) and also for towing to the paint shop during restoration.

I did find that mounting directly to the bumber did not work.  Too springy.
I had to remove the bumper and go directly to the frame.

If you would like further info. let me know.

Press on regardelss,
Blair
Blair Engle                                  engle@phy.fsu.edu