Results of Long Island Rally/66 B's day's #ed

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Results of Long Island Rally/66 B's day's #ed
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 1996 04:01:14 -0800
Sunday was MGCC-LIC's  65 mile TDS rally. I was extremely disappointed
in the turn out. There were 6 cars running and as many people working
check points as driving the course. Don't people like to have fun
anymore? I guess it's one of those, to each his own things, but I'd
sure like to see more people having fun at things like this.  All who
were there had a great time I won 3rd MG (out of 3 MGs) and came in 5th
over all. Hey! I wasn't last and I kicked the butt of that 80 something
XJ6.

Mucho car trouble: about 2/3 of way through. Was were running ahead of
schedule and stopped (time kill). I restarted car and could not move
shifter, with much effort I was able to engage 4th and ran the next 10
miles or so 4th only. I tried disengaging and engaging clutch and had
no problem but shifter would no move. Came to a stop sign and was on a
positive grade so was reving and work clutch in attempt to get a roll
going all of a sudden "PLINCK!!!" and cars back to shifting as if
nothing was wrong. My 66 is approaching a 100,000 mile corner and I
would not be at all surprised if this is not the first time round the
block. Burning oil, knocking bearings, blowing smoke.  Almost time to
check into "Betty's MG" center, which is the British car version of
"Betty's Ford" clinic. I just hope I can keep it going a little longer
until my 75 B comes home or the 66 midget is road worthy.
Safety Fast, David Deutsch