Re: Bead Blasters

To: John Steunenberg <steuny@nornet.on.ca>
Subject: Re: Bead Blasters
From: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 1996 10:10:48 -0600
I've used TIP products and bead cabinets. The only thing I would say is that
bead
cabinets are usually siphon feeds which aren't nearly as quick and efficient as
pressurized feeds. That is, the media falls through the bottom of the cabinet
and
is recycled by being syphoned back into the air stream. Pressurized systems put
air pressure in a sealed chamber with the media and blows a lot more out with
the
air blast.

None the less, any well made blast cabinet is a lot better than a power drill
with a wire wheel.

Bob Allen, Kansas City, '69MGC/GT, '75TR6