T series bonnet help

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: T series bonnet help
From: skillman@clark.net (Robert Skillman)
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 1996 22:27:44 -0500
Philip:

Another quick way to keep both sides of the bonnet up is to go the the
hardware store and buy a length of 1/2" copper pipe.  Buy 4 rubber caps
that look like crutch tips that fit over the ends.  At home measure and cut
the pipe so that one end sits in the round spring of the rear latch (inside
the hood which is now up in the air) and the other end rest on the rear
bottom latch plate (where the handle locks the hood down)  Measure the pipe
so the hood is just shy of verticle in the center.  Cut a groove in the end
of one rubber tip so that it will fit over the lower hood locking plate-
the other end should fit nicely inside the spring for the hood lever.  Do
the same for the other side and you will end up with a "flying nun" T.  The
rubber ends don't seem to be bothered by engine vibration, but if wind is a
problem I would probably attach a bungee cord form top to bottom for more
security.

The wood holder on top of the battery box is a little more elegant but the
pipes were quicker for me to fabricate and also give access to battery and
tool box.

                Bob Skillman