Re: MGA Twin Cam help wanted

To: Robert Skillman <skillman@clark.net>
Subject: Re: MGA Twin Cam help wanted
From: Westley Johnson <kooksei@hooked.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 1996 21:01:06 +0000
Robert Skillman wrote:

> Are there any list members familiar with what normal service parts
> (filters, points, rotor, cap) are the same on 15-1600 and twin cams.  I
> think the above are the same, although the distributor itself is different.
> The plugs and fan belt seem different.
> If anyone also knows of a good source for twin cam parts please let me know.
>
> Bob Skillman

hi Bob,
i am just starting to get familiar with twin cam stuff as i have one
lined up to buy next year. i have several books, shop manual and even
picking a few peoples brains. and from what i can see. the differences
are (from the deluxe) just the head and the block. the ign. stuff should
all be the same as a 1600 MGA. a good book if you can find it or tobuy
or borrow a copy is MGA a history and restoration guide  by robert p
vitrikas it has a very good section on the twin cam development and it
looks like all the production changes. you should also check out the
twin cam owners club probably advertised in hemmings.  if you cant find
a copy of the book let me know and i will copy the twin cam chapter and
mail it to you.

 good luck

                westley