List Maintenance - a suggestion

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: List Maintenance - a suggestion
From: homestay@infolearn.com.au (Syl's Sydney Homestay)
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 1996 08:29:44 +1100 (EST)
I suspect that many on the list are like me. That is new to computer
technology and we muddle along as best we can. If I had known more about
computers I bet I could have done a better job of buggering up the list
than poor old Dan, who I think has well and truely acquitted himself by
now.

The problem of mail overload was new to me until the recent discussion
which has focussed on AOL (I don't even know what AOL is).

When I first subscribed to the MG list in September this year I received
from Majordoma a printed protocol which I have just now re-read to see if
unwittingly I might create now or in the future some other type of major
problem to the list through ignorance.

Nowhere in that protocol can I see any mention of the problems created by
mail overload. I don't know what capacity my mail box has.

I can only assume that many existing and possibly future subscribers are or
will be unaware of the disruptive potential of mail overload.

Perhaps the subscription acknowledgement pro-forma should be expanded to
include a 10 commandments list. That way errors of omission might be
reduced.

What do you reckon?

Regards

paul