AOL, users, etc,

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: AOL, users, etc,
From: Simon.MATTHEWS@st.com
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 96 11:29:09 +0100
     Mark (if you are reading this, I don't have your personal address),

     may I make a suggestion for a rule to be adopted:

          ANY email address that causes a certain number of error messages
          should be restricted to the digest form only.

     This would appear to be a fair means that will only affect those who
     cause problems. Administering it might be an issue (counting those
     errors).

     To AOL users -- while I have read a lot of whining, I have not read
     one constructive comment to Mark like 'tell us what the problems are
     and we will address these with AOL'. Please don't complain to Mark
     until you are sure that you have your own house in order.

     Personally, I prefer the digest. I received the emails real-time for a
     very short time, decided I could not manage my email with this
     additional flood arriving daily and switched to the digest.

     Regards,
            Simon