AOL relegation to digest

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: AOL relegation to digest
From: GOFASTMG@aol.com
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 1996 18:19:09 -0500
Just my £.02 worth
  OK, a couple of "hot heads" left the list cause they didn't like being
shunted to the digest. Tough S**T!!!
  I'm not happy with it, but it's something I'll put up with (for the time
being anyhow, til I can get another service (a whole 'nother story)) to
remain in touch with the list, and occaisionaly offer a word or two in
season.
  BUT!  there's a couple of folks out there who seem to want to paint ALL
AOLers with the same brush.  Don't infer that just because my address ends in
AOL.com that I'm a "crybaby", "whiner" or "childish". It is just as stupid as
saying something like "all T owners are snobs" or "Midgets are for people who
can't afford real MG's".
  When you flame all those of one group (AOL, T types, Midgets, etc) because
of the blitherings of a couple, you have shown to the whole world that your
ingnorance and inability to use common sense is rampant. Sort of like the
"ananymous" blast a couple of days ago venting his spleen on everyone with a
AOL.com address. Real bright individual. Sends an anonymous e-mail with his
address on it.  DUH!
   I can empathize with Mark. One of my passions is Football and for the last
15 years or so, I've been a certified official. (Yeah, I'm that SOB in the
stripped shirt who called back that last touchdown). It never ceases to amaze
me the number of supposedly intelligent, educated (sometimes beyond their
intelligence) members of coaching staffs who absolutly go ballistic when you
catch one of their team members in an infraction. But if it happens to the
other side, well, Mr. Ref, you blew that call.
Supposedly they know the rules, but only want them enforced for some one
else.
  That's what the "Leavers" act like.  Mark had to make a decision, based on
his best judgement as to what was best for the list. Unfortunatly, someone
has to come up on the short end of the stick. Well, at least we know how to
get off the "short end".  I'm sorry(?) the others couldn't understand.
  Now, can we PLEASE BREAK THIS THREAD and get back to something really
important, like MG's (Hell, cats whould even be better!)

  I'll have to get off the soapbox now. Someone just set fire to it!

Rick Morrison
"Accelerate til you see God; then brake"