screwed-up-steering

To: TATERRY@aol.com
Subject: screwed-up-steering
From: Jarl/Carol <deboer@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 1996 20:24:54 -0800
TATERRY@aol.com wrote:

>    December 11 will from now on be Dan Hughes Day and the day that all MG'er
> are supposed to come clean and tell their most stupid screwups.

> I've found that in addition
> to the other things I'm missing, my drop arm and drag link are missing
> too.....anyone got one? (of each).  I wonder is these are the same as a T
> type??

My most memorable screwup? Naaahhhh, you wouldn't want to know!!!

For what it's worth: when I redid my J-2, magnafluxing showed the pitman
arm had a couple of cracks. I tried one from a TC and it wouldn't fit. I
don't know if the NA uses the same Marles-Weller, but the TC is a
Bishop. The draglink might work though, the balls are the same size. I
also bored out the king pins to TC size, going from 5/8" to 3/4"

Jarl