Re: Horn Info Needed

To: Tom Wagner - Program Manager <tom.w.wagner@Central.Sun.COM>
Subject: Re: Horn Info Needed
From: Shel Bercovich <sbercovi@cadvision.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 1996 19:50:20 -0700
Tom,

All Bs have always had two horns. If you wish two _sets_ of horns, all
you need is a Y-type spade connector, or, alternatively, a relay/hot
wire system for the second set. Have (since my first GT in '67) always
had two sets of horns, one set of electro-mechanical and one set of air
horns. You'll likely find the best place for a couple of horns is either
side of the oil cooler.

You are only getting a weak beep because corrosion has completely shut
down one horn and partially shut down the other one. Try backing off
about one-quarter of a turn (counterclockwise) the screw in the top
middle of the horn.

If this doesn't work, best bet is to take them apart, clean off the
metal vibrating diaphragm and its seating area, then re-assemble. A
little WD-40 used in the re-assembly shouldn't hurt. It takes a little
fiddling to re-set the diaphragm so it works, but it can be done. Back
it off a turn or two, then test, then tighten-test, etc.

Tom Wagner - Program Manager wrote:
> Is there a way to hook up 2 horns to a 67 B roadster???  One on each
> side of the front firewall.
>
> Also why does the horn only make a faint peep when pressing on the
> steering horn button????
Shel Bercovich  sbercovi@cadvision.com      trcr@canuck.com     /\
Join the Trail Riders of the Canadian Rockies (Non-Profit)     /  \
    See our WEB pages at: http://www.canuck.com/~trcr         / /\ \
                   Or at: http://www.cadvision.com/trcr      / /  \ \
        "Come Ride with Us in Banff National Park"