Re: Parts suppliers

To: britcars@juno.com
Subject: Re: Parts suppliers
From: Jarl/Carol <deboer@pacbell.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 1996 11:09:13 -0800
britcars@juno.com wrote:

 I cannot fault their desire to keep their customers' cars on
> the road by making as many parts as possible available at all times.
>
> Yes, smaller companies sometimes have parts available which the bg three
> don't, but these are usually the last one or two OEM items in the world

 Another bought a performance cam from VB, called to ask a
> question about it, and was told "we have no technical people; if you
> don't like it, send it back....!"  I've never encountered this with Moss
> Motors.
>
> Happy Holidays to all!
>
> Lawrie Alexander

Amen to the above, including the snips. That first part I left in is one
of the most important: The big 3 have a vested interest in keeping their
clients' cars on the road. To this end they are FORCED to make parts
such as crankshafts. Without the cars, they would be out of business.
Moss has started servicing Miata owners - REALLY! -  since they
recognize that sooner or later the MG market will shrink until it no
longer is large enough to support them.    Jarl