Re: MGB door adjustments

To: Dennis Skog <skog@whidbey.com>
Subject: Re: MGB door adjustments
From: Graham McCann <gmccann@pcug.org.au>
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 1996 09:24:38 +1100
At 01:14 pm 25/12/96 -0800, Dennis Skog wrote:
>Started putting my '66 MGB back together a few weeks ago and am at a loss
>getting the doors to align properly. The passenger side door is offset
>outward at the top by 1/2 " measured from the top of the windscreen. The
>misalignment is not in the quarterlight but the door itself. Are there
>any adjustments to move the door hinges in/out ?

This is pretty unusual unless there has been accident damage or the door
hinges have been refitted incorrectly.  Better check this although don't
ignore the possibility of a new door being fitted some time which was out
of shape or indeed that the car was built on a Monday at the factory!!

regards,

Graham