Re: Alaska Route Planning

To: sbercovi@cadvisionl.com
Subject: Re: Alaska Route Planning
From: damitdick@juno.com (W. J. Richard Criswell)
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 1996 14:52:05 EST
Shel...

You wrote...

>Sure, if you've got a really good radar detector. :-) The road from
>Lynden, WA up through Mission, BC is only 2-lane; onto the Trans Canada
>(Highway 1) to Hope is flat, 4-lane. From Hope north up through the
>Fraser Valley is _very_ twisty/windy; a great sports car road, but
>there'll be lots of semis, logging trucks and travel trailers/motor
>homes and it's only two lane with a good sprinkling of 3rd-lane passing
>zones. Prabably average only about 35 - 40 mph, especially in summer.
>
>Once you get beyond Cache Creek the RCMP will be fewer and farther
>between but just as handy with the radar guns (mostly in-car radar) and
>ticket books! Relatively little traffic in that Interior BC region, but
>keep a _sharp_ eye out for logging trucks. It's all just 2-lane, but the
>surfaces should be relatively good.

Thanks. I do have a good radar detector 8^) But if I understood you
correctly, as long a I don't stick my nose above 55, I'll be alright.

>Too bad I didn't know you were at Camarillo last year. I was down
>through there during Jan/Feb., though not in the B. (I was running a
>Corrado G60 and stopped in at Neuspeed, though it was a Saturday and
>they were closed.)

It's a shame. I thought you knew where I was by my address. We could have
kicked a few tyres and hoisted a pint or two.

Tell me more about "Neuspeed" I'm not familiar with them.

Dick 8^)
Vintage Parts & Products
Camarillo, CA
Have MG will travel