crossflow head

To: "mg email" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: crossflow head
From: "DG Collins" <dgcollins@intplsrv.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 1997 00:33:50 -0600
I just received the catalog from Brit-Tek and I have a question for someone
out there. Does any one have a crossflow head installed on their B? How
much of an improvement does this make to the car? Right now my car runs a
stage 2 head-ported and polished with over-sized valves, a 45 DCOE Weber,
and track/rally cam. The engine is bored to the 1950cc range and I wonder
if this head would be good or not? Power is good and on the track the
engine feels strong.Most important is that I can still street the car. Any
inputs on this would be great.

Following the thread on alternator conversions- 2 years ago I replaced my
lucas unit with a ac/delco and any have never had any electrical problems
since. Conversion only cost about $40 and is easy to do. You only need a
extended bracket (I used one from a chevy 350 engine that I bought at pep
boys) and a little modification to the mounting area on the alternator
itself with a dremel tool for proper alignment.In all it took about 1 hour
to do (it's pretty much bolt-on) and it paid off. How good is it? Well the
car has been driven cross-country 3 times in 2 years. Last year while
driving to Virginia from Texas I was able to run my headlights, driving
lights, heater, windshield wipers, and my portable CD player all at the
same time. I could have never run so many electrical items with my lucas
system.

Don Collins
69 B