Midget Wheels

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Midget Wheels
From: dfdarby@juno.com (David F. Darby)
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 1997 01:23:50 PST
TWIMC:

I have two semi-rusty, 13" wire wheels for Midget or Sprite. There are no
broken or loose spokes, the rims are straight, and the splines appear to
be in good order. They need to be blasted and painted. As is, I suppose
they would do to roll a parts car around on. One of them is wearing a
165SR "Veloce" tar (that's Ozarkspeak for "tyre") that is not
weather-checked and still has the mould sprues indicating that it never
ran. The other one is running a cheepie 155SR with lots of tread and
some sidewall checking.

I should like to trade these things for one or two MGB painted wire
wheels or MGA pressed steel or wires in similar condition preferably
without tars. I am road-tripping from St. Louis to New York in a couple of
weeks and if you are along the way, let's swap. Otherwise, if you are
in the Midwest, perhaps, they would UPS inexpensively.

If you are interested please e-mail me direct. Thank you.

Regards,

David F. Darby
White River Valley, Missouri USA
MGAs, MGBs