MG clubs

To: "MG cars" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: MG clubs
From: "John Hed" <john_hed@wssagw.chinalake.navy.mil>
Date: 3 Jan 1997 12:11:19 -0700
                       Subject:                               Time:11:55 AM
  OFFICE MEMO          MG clubs                               Date:1/3/97

I have lurked on this list for quite a while (with minor contributions) but
have not come across this info:

I've owned a couple of MGBs for some time but have been hesitant to join any
of the major national clubs.  I started my own British car club in my town
(Ridgecrest CA) and that satisfies me and keeps me VERY busy.  My question is
this (and is directed at those of you who belong to multiple clubs):

What are the different purposes/advantages/benefits of each of the following
organizations  and what is your recommendations as to which ones to join.

     American MGB Association
     North American MGB Register
     MG Owners Club
     (or others you may know of)

It seems that they duplicate a lot of effort, with all putting out a newletter
on similar topics etc...
I have a feeling this info may be interesting to many on the list.

John Hed
58 MGA (in dire need of restoration)
71 MGB
71 MGB-GT