Leveling Cars

To: "W. R. Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Subject: Leveling Cars
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 1997 14:53:47 -0800
You wrote:

>On Sat, 4 Jan 1997, James  wrote:
>
>> I've noticed that my 77B droops a little bit on the drivers side.
Not
>> much, it's only about 3/4 inch lower than the passenger side, but
it's damn
>> annoying and just glares out at me every time I look at it now.  My
>> question is...what steps do I take in order to correct this problem.
 I've
>> never gotten into any suspension work before so any help would be
>> appreciated.
>
>You must not have been on the list when I explained the cause of this
>problem.  MG's came from the factory with 3/4 inch larger tires on the
>driver's side.  In that way, when the extra weight of the driver
caused
>the driver's side to sag, the car would be level.  Some previous owner

>has mistakenly put the same size tires all round.
>
>   Ray Gibbons  Dept. of Molecular Physiology & Biophysics
>                Univ. of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington, VT
>                gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu  (802) 656-8910

Come on Ray you know the solution is to let some air out of passenger's
side tires or simply switch car to Right Hand Drive. All the other guys
are having this poor guy changing the worn springs and bushings. That
will work also but isn't anywhere near as interesting. Safety Fast,
David Deutsch