Re: Rusty fuel tanks

To: James <dirmeyer@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Rusty fuel tanks
From: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 1997 08:52:59 -0600
James wrote:

> When checking what I could of my fuel tank (of course it's off the car) I
> spotted a few spots of rust on the top inside.  What concerned me even more
> was a rather ominous patch of rust on the inside bottom by the fuel sender.
>  The outside is in pretty good shape.  What's the best way of cleaning out
> the inside.  Pep Boys suggested water.
>
> I'm considering the cleaner, etcher, slush stuff from Moss.

You might consider the gas tank sealer from Bill Hursch. They advertise
in Hemmings all the time and their number is 800-828-2061. They are in
Newark, NJ

They have a $12 etch and a $21 sealer. I don't know what Moss is
selling.

I can't votch for this product. However I have bought engine enamel from
Bill Hursch and it was the best stuff I have ever used. (A great A-H
metallic green).

Bob Allen, Kansas City, '69CGT, '75TR6