Restoration Encouragement!

To: Bryan King <rking11@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Restoration Encouragement!
From: Jim Boyd <gumby@joshuanet.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 1997 07:20:38 -0800
Bryan King wrote:

> me and my dad have been doing some work, mostly on the engine, we pulled
> off one fender and found as much mud and dirt as you said would be there.
> we cleaned out the engine bay and the interior and im anxious to drive
> it!! =)
snip>
> talk to ya later
> -bryan

Hey Bryan:

Ya, hope you had a great Christmas, too (sure sounds like you cashed out
OK!!).  I was curious how the GT project was coming along, so thanks for
the fill in!  I had one guy from the Bay Area that was interested in
that GT, except he just couldn't find time to get up here...he was blown
away when he learned that you and your Dad had purchased for $400!!
Anyway, Ihope that it works out that you get lots of life out of it!

Naomi, our soon  to be 16 year old is chomping at the bit now for her
license test date (2/11/97) so she can start driving the red GT to
school everyday.

Last Saturday, I finally get my '70 GT painted at a friends' body shop.
You didn't get a chance to see it because it was gone when you were
here.  I had worked really hard to get it looking decent, then had my
friend do some body work that was out of my ability.  I got so sick of
sanding (even with air powered sanders).  Since this car is for resale,
I figured that I was making less than MINIMUM WAGE with all the sanding,
etc!  It got to be pretty depressing, the more I thought about it!  BUT
finally, when I was spraying on the paint and started to look at the
soon-to-be-finished product, I got excited!

Anyway, the moral of this story is to NOT GIVE UP when it seems like all
your efforts are just a waste of your time!  That seems to be the #1
problem of why cars get torn apart and never make it back to the road.

As a younger guy, we (as other British car members) need to encourage
you so that again we will see MGBs, Bug Eyes and TR6s on the high school
parking lots!

If you can send me both the rear chrome bumpers and brackets from the
'70, that would be much appreciated!  Here's my address:

                Jim Boyd
                4021 Neal Road
                Paradise, CA  95969
Cheers,