Re: Ignition switch/lock 74B

To: jroverca <jroverca@tiac.net>, mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Ignition switch/lock 74B
From: "REICHLE, CHRISTOPHER" <CREICHLE@nsc.msmail.miami.edu>
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 1997 12:07:00 -0800 (PST)
Don't drill out the shear off bolts with the dremel! Use a cutoff disk to
cut a slot in the head to insert a standard screw driver. The heads shear
off at a very low torque and the come right out. 10 min max (including
coiling the extension cord back up)
Chris Reichle
 -------
Oh, by the way, your really gonna love drilling out those shear off bolts on
the ignition lock. It took me over an hour. I has to use my trusty Dremel
tool. Any advice from others who have done this? It was a real pain. I had
wished I had a 90 degree drill motor and a short bit. My pistol drill got in
the way of the dash on one side. I also had to re-tap the threads to
standard
as I didn't want to wait for those shear bolts (I think Moss has them).

The only other downside was the "new" ignition switch had a later "reverse"
key blank and now I can't use the nice MG logo brass key that I really
liked.
Does anyone have a source for the proper lock switch for Ross and me?

R. Johnson - Dallas

'90 Maine Coon
'79 Midget
'76 Midget