Oops!

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Oops!
From: thomas_pokrefke@juno.com (Thomas J Pokrefke)
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 15:58:05 EST
Well, I figuired out why my new Weber has no power.  It seems that when I
attached the throttle cable, a la` Dan Hughes, I forgot to check the pull
length of the cable.  When I pushed the accelerator cable all the way to
the floor, my primary was opened about 60%, and the secondary was just
cracked open.  That was was easy to fix.

The hesitation of idle was mitigated by a slight adjustment of float
height.  Determination of proper float height is a cumbersome process at
best.  I was able to get _close_ to the 41mm, but without precise tools,
I was not 100% accurate.

Thanks to all who helped with my problems.

Thomas James Pokrefke, III
1970 MGB
thomas_pokrefke@juno.com
http://ocean.st.usm.edu/~pokrefke