Re: Agincourt!/Car Talk puzzler

To: The Richards <smrm@coastalnet.com>
Subject: Re: Agincourt!/Car Talk puzzler
From: homestay@infolearn.com.au (Syl's Sydney Homestay)
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 1997 11:00:42 +1100 (EST)
>Wally Hall of the Jensen list posted a detailed account of Agincourt and the
>V sign. If I'd saved it I'd post it and then everyone would know everything
>they might want to know about it and more. (Paul, in Sydney, did you save it?)
>
>Michael, New Bern, NC

Michael

No, I didn't save it either but made hard copy and filed it. It was a great
account of Wally's wasn't it? - mind you Carol's posting puts an additional
interesting twist to it which I think might have drawn a bit of a long bow
-
if you'll pardon the pun.

I don't want to get into it on this list but the generally unprintable word
is not recorded as having its derivation from 'plucking'.

Wally has mailed me a copy of a video, which I expect to receive shortly,
on the Longbow from the series 'Decisive Weapons'. I miss his postings.

So that other listers don't object to what might seem to be a private
conversation between Michael and myself Wally used to race an MG/mini in
the UK about which there is a very interesting / sad story. I shall, at
some later time, paraphrase its history and post it to this list.

Regards

Paul