Re: Mity Mite Welder

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Mity Mite Welder
From: "Michael P. Ohleger" <mikeoh@bellatlantic.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 20:37:59 -0500
IMFletch@aol.com wrote:

> Anyone have any experience with the Mity Mite welder that Moss sells? I need
> to replace floor pans, sills, and lower fender sections.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Scott
>
> '69 MGB Roadster

Scott,

WAIT!!! Don't buy it from Moss!! It's priced about $50 too  much.  Eastwood has
it for
$119.  I bought my Mighty Might from my local parts shop (TRAK Auto) for $79.95.

I am currently using a spot weld attachment to tack in the pans on my '70.  I
still need
practice, but I plan to use it to seam weld the reaminder.  I have found that
the Mighty
might works fine, for rank ameteurs like me, it seems to fill the bill.  I have
never,
ever welded before and this works pretty well.  It takes a little
experimentation to get
your arc, but once you have that down, it goes pretty easy.

Michael Ohleger

'67 MGB
'70 MGB