Miscellaneous questions...

To: "'MG List'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Miscellaneous questions...
From: mpowell@cstone.net (Mike Powell)
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 21:06:36 -0500
Hi everyone,
I'm in the process of replacing the clutch on my '74 B roadster, and =
have a few questions I thought I'd pose to the list.
1)  What color is the engine supposed to be?  My block is currently =
black, the head is orange, and the valve cover is black (it's pretty =
hideous).  I had an '80 B in high school and seem to remember the whole =
thing being black.  Is this right?  I'd like to paint it while I have it =
out.
2)  Can the cast iron exhaust manifold be repaired by welding?  The DPO =
replaced 4 of the 6 manifold flange studs with bolts, and the DCO =
(Dipsh** Current Owner) couldn't get one off and went at it with an air =
chisel.  I managed to accidentally break off a good size chunk of the =
flange (but at least it freed the exhaust pipes!).  Can this be welded =
or should I be shopping for a new manifold--maybe this would be a good =
excuse to buy a header?    :-)
3)   This isn't really a question, but any helpful tips would be greatly =
appreciated.

Thanks!
Mike Powell
Charlottesville, VA