Re: MGB values?????????

To: Bill Schleusner <b-schleusner@ti.com>
Subject: Re: MGB values?????????
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 1997 15:37:26 -0800
I think this is very scarey. I'm hoping and praying that people are not
going for a 6 year old Miata instead of B roadster or a Fiero or RX7
instead of a GT. In some peoples minds a Capri convertable will feed
that hunger for a top down drive as well as an MGB.

I would buy all available LBCs if I had the money and storage. I bought
15 in 18 months. Some of you critisize (spelling?) me for being a
fanatic. There are few cars with such a rich history attached to them
that are still buyable with out 2nd Mortgages being taken out. Yes I
love my cars and I trive on the comraderie of MG people.

The prices are great for these cars. I hope that as new car prices
continue to skyrocket more will see the attractive economics of owning
a B, A or even T serie MG. Although not as economicly viable even the
Triumphs are a great value when compared to the new roadster market.

BTW there is a 69 B list on the mgcars.org.uk/class/USACFS.html for
$13,000. I've seen this car and it is unbelievable. They didn't roll
out of the factory nicer than this.

Safety Fast, David (did you miss me?) Deutsch

You wrote:

>Fellow SOLers,

  Below is just a sample a what I consider very
>reasonable MGBs:
>
>       80LE only 11K miles all original        $7,900
>       80LE only 13K miles all original        $9,995
>       77   only 25K miles                     $4,850
>       75   only 6.5K miles                    $5,900
>
>I know MGBs were never investment vehicles but the prices above for
such low
>mileage specimens seems rather odd.  Do you think it's the time of
year?
>(winter) or have MGs fallen even further from grace.  I did notice the
chrome
>bumpered Bs were holding their price a little better.
>
>Before anyone flames me for saying the above prices are reasonable,
keep in
>mind the price of new cars, as well as certain other LBCs (TRs, etc.)
Anytime