Re: Carpet Dye?

To: simjason@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: Carpet Dye?
From: GOFASTMG@aol.com
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 1997 13:15:58 -0500
J,
  I've used just what you describe, an aerosal can of carpet dye, on the
sun-faded interior of my B as a short term solution. It worked well, with the
only problem being that I could'nt stand to be in the car for more than a
short period for a couple of days due to the odor of the stuff. (May not be
as bad in a roadster with the top down)
  But, it should be nothing more than a short term solution, as it began to
return to its faded glory in a couple of months, but by then the new carpets
were ready.
  Once the dye has had a chance to set up (A couple of days - see above), I
never had a problem with it rubbing of on other fabrics.

Good luck
Rick Morrison
74 BGT