Re: All is well, all is truely well

To: PHILIPPE TUSLER <TUSLER@mp050.mv.unisys.com>
Subject: Re: All is well, all is truely well
From: "W. R. Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 1997 21:56:45 -0500 (EST)
On Thu, 16 Jan 1997, PHILIPPE TUSLER wrote:

> >Even if I hadn't been able to gloat that my 50 year old LBC was going to the
>  rescue of my late model Euro-box, even if I hadn't had the guys at the parts
>  house go outside to stare at what just pulled into the lot and even if I
>  hadn't been able to laugh at the stares from people with their windows up
>  and heaters going full blast  I would have had a wonderful time.  There's
>  nothing like the wind in the face and the purr of a wee British banger to
>  make one feel that all is well in the universe! (Fostbite notwithstanding)

Reminds me of my misspent youth.  I spent half my college years fiddling
with old cars.  One morning I had to take an exam, and woke up to -7F
(given that my cars were all 6v, this was a formidable problem).  My 49
Jeepster would not start.  My 31 Ford truck started, but the coil died
after about a mile.  Third time charm; I got to school in a 29 Ford
Phaeton with no side curtains or front window seal.  The 30 mph blast of
-7F air on my fingers from the missing seal was brutal.  I tried to smile
for the benefit of the peasants in modern (1962) cars, but it wasn't easy.

                gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu  (802) 656-8910