Re: MG TD Questions

To: "Peter G. Gilvarry" <petergg@ibm.net>
Subject: Re: MG TD Questions
From: Geoff Love <engconn@pottsville.infi.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 1997 12:03:02 -0500
Peter G. Gilvarry wrote:

> Thank you to all of you who gave advice on a good workshop manual. Now I
> have some specific questions.
>
> Seat Belts. Has anybody fitted them, if so how and where did you get them.
>
> Tire Pressures. The car has 155X15 Radials fitted, can any body suggest a
> suitable tire pressure.
>
> Shock Absorbers. Has anybody used Apple Hydraulics for Shock Absorber
> overhaul.
>
> Email Address for Britbooks. Does anybody have this.
>
> Thanks in advance for your assistance.
>
> Regards ......
>
> Peter G. Gilvarry
> petergg@ibm.net
>
> Peter G. Gilvarry
> petergg@ibm.net

Seat belts suitable for a TD are available from Moss.  I have attached
them through the metal cross brace behind the seat back, and the other
end in a similar manner adjacent to the transmission tunnel. I do not
consider this to be a very satisfactory arrangement as I feel in the
event of an emergency, there is not sufficient strength in the metal to
help much.  And, of course, the belts I have fitted are only lap straps.

I use 28lbs front and 26 lbs rear in my Michelin 165 R 15 radials.

Yes, I've used Apple but find them to be rather expensive.  I have also
used World Wide Auto Parts in Michigan.  They do a good job at half the
Apple price.

Britbooks can be found at britbook@norwich.net

Geoff Love,  The English Connection