TC Wheel Offset

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TC Wheel Offset
From: "John Swanland" <swanland@cato.wesley.oz.au>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 1997 18:47:34 +1100
Over the years, I have collected 10 TC wheels, all have been rebuilt by the
same firm over a number of years.  Whilst investigating the poor fit of the
rear wheels in relation to the rear wings, in desperation, I measured the
wheels and discovered that they all had a different offset (varies by about
1 inch)

To complicate this, my local MG shop has new TC wheels made in England by
Motor Wheel Service, these have quite a significant offset which exceeds
that of any of my 10 wheels.

My question,  what is correct?  Is there any data available for this
setting?

John Swanland
Melbourne Australia