RE: insurance

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: insurance
From: Rich Mason <rmason@ro.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 1997 10:47:22 -0500
At 05:19 PM 1/20/97 -0800, you wrote:

>Insurance: (I'm back). I like JC tayor over the other classic insurance
>companies, for the following: Self apprasial if under $20,000 (you
>supply photos from rear showing one side and front showing the other
>with your application), Higher mileage allowance,but they DO NOT want
>to hear anything over 4,000. They do require you have another car
>registered as primary driver, you must be 25 years of age or older, the
>car must be 20 years of age or older and car must be garaged in
>lockable shelter when not in use. They do not accept "modified" ie: V8
>conversions.

I called them this am - they have a 2500 mile limit with some exceptions on
a case-by-case basis (travel to a club event or meet - you need to get
approval if it pushes you over the 2500 mile limit).  They also do not want
you to use it to go to work, the store, the golf course - or anywhere that
it will be left unattended.

While the rate quoted was good (actually the same rate as Condon & Skelly),
I want to be able to drive my car when and where I want to.  The problem I
ran into with my insurance company of 20 years (State Farm) is that they
will not write a declared-value policy on a car NEWER than 1970 -
potentially leaving me stuck with someone's idea of book value (my agent
could not even give me a book value on the car!) if the car were ever
damaged - or at best - having to fight them with appraisals, copies of adds
in Hemming's, etc.

If anyone has another idea - I'm listening.  I'm going to call around and
see what I can find locally.

Thanks,

Rich
'73B