Re: Sales Brouchere 1971< MGB

To: David Langton <dlangton@bcinternet.com>
Subject: Re: Sales Brouchere 1971< MGB
From: Rich Mason <rmason@ro.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 1997 21:41:53 -0600
At 09:14 AM 1/22/97 -0800, you wrote:
>I require a photocopy or such printed data for a 1971 or earlier MGB showing
>wire wheels with the twin ear knock offs.  Our local insurance Corp. claim
>that the 2 ear knock off was not a factory item on a 1971 MGB with wire
>wheels (they will not say what was!) even though we all know that this was
>the only option other than bolt on steel wheels or works style wheels.  They
>require original factory proof that the two ear knock off was in fact
>available and stock on that year of MGB.  Anyone have one.  E-mail me for fax #

David-

As I recall, 1968 and newer MG's had the octagonal nut rather than the eared
knockoff.
Not that MOSS is the definitive answer, but they show the eared knockoff
through s/n 138400 on the roadster and 139471 on the GT, which would be
through the end of the 1967 model year.  That is consistent with the two '67
GT's I am familiar with (one was my aunt's car purchased new, one was my
first MG purchased from the original owner in 1976).  Both had eared knockoffs.

Of course your being in Canada - the specification could have been different.

Good luck,

Rich
'73B
e-mail----> rmason@ro.com