Re: Eared knockoffs

To: FOURoFOUR@aol.com
Subject: Re: Eared knockoffs
From: "W. R. Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 1997 12:45:01 -0500 (EST)
On Fri, 24 Jan 1997 FOURoFOUR@aol.com wrote:

> The "safety items" included no more eared knock offs, safrty glass, and lap
> belts on cars.  And I do know that insurace companies get nervous around wire
> wheels with Ears....you know that famous actress that got her head yanked off
> when her scarf got caught on those ears while she wa s driving her
> convertable...I forget her name...long before my time.

It was a dancer, Isadora Duncan.  I doubt that sad accident was what they
were thinking of, otherwise they would also have banned long scarves.  Why
be half safe?

My Alpine has *three-eared* knock offs.  (Thumbs nose at picture of Ralph
Nader posing with the Insurance Institute of Highway Safety.)

                gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu  (802) 656-8910