Re: SCCA Snow Rally-Where's Barney

To: Trmgafun@aol.com
Subject: Re: SCCA Snow Rally-Where's Barney
From: barneymg@juno.com (Barney Gaylord)
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 1997 03:07:00 EST
On Sun, 26 Jan 1997 14:44:22 -0500 (EST) Trmgafun@aol.com (Scott Helms)
writes:

>I went to the SCCA Snow Rally today at the Tire Rack in South Bend,
Indiana to watch the cars play in the snow.  I saw mostly late models,
Camaro, Firebird, 4 wheel drive Audi, Jeep Wrangler, Volvo sedan, Miata,
Chevy S-10 Blazer, Toyota Supra.  Among the older cars were a Fiat X/19,
Volvo wagon, but no BarneyMGA. :-(

>Maybe you showed up after I left, I had to leave a little early due to
other obligations.

Shucks!  If I knew I had a fan club I might have changed my plans.  Had
prior commitment and pre-paid reservations for the weekend.  Left Friday
noon, took Amtrak to Dearborn, MI with several other couples from the
Chicagoland MG Club. stayed at Best Western for two nights.  Spent all
day Saturday touring the Ford Museum, then went partying Saturday night
with the Windsor-Detroit MG Club at their mid-winter hibernation party.
Had a blast (several in fact).  Hot tub, pool and bars filled in any open
time slots.  Just returned Sunday evening.

For those looking for things to do in February, there's the Indoor Grand
Prix in Rolling Meadows, IL, really fast go karts on a road race circuit
inside of a big warehouse.  Racing runs in differing formats depending on
the size of the group, may be an elimination tournament, a mini grand
prix, or a team enduro event.  The floor is reserved for the group for
two hours.  Count on at least 100 laps per driver.

The Champaign County Sports Car Club is going there on Sunday, February
16, from 5 to 7 pm.  The Chicagoland MG Club will be there on Thursday,
February 20 from 7 to 9 pm.  Entry fee is $35 or $40 (depending on
turnout) for two hours of really rambunctious karting fun.  Bring your
own helmet if you have one, or borrow one of theirs.

Also the Chicagoland MG Club is sponsoring an all British Swap Meet at
DuPage County Fairgrounds, Wheaton, IL (indoors) on Sunday, February
23rd.  $10 for a table or $3 for entry ticket.

For more details on these events, just give a hoot.

Barney Gaylord
Naperville, IL

Ph: (630) 505-0866