Re: mental troubleshooting challenge--Up for it??

To: gardner@lwcomm.com
Subject: Re: mental troubleshooting challenge--Up for it??
From: miker15@juno.com (MICHAEL J ROBSON)
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 1997 00:43:35 EST
On Wed, 29 Jan 1997 13:33:19 +0000 "Scott Gardner" <gardner@lwcomm.com>
writes:
>Here's a little challenge for anybody who thinks they can get
>the better of Lucas. I had a fault on my '72 B, and checked
>about a dozen things before finally realizing that the symptoms
>alone determined the fault down to the exact wire. See if you
>can figure it out. You shouldn't need anything but a wiring
>diagram. Here are the symptoms:
>
>1) Right turn signals don't work (front or back), and indicator
>on dashboard lights up solid when you try to signal for a right turn.
>
>2) Left-turn blinkers work perfectly, and so does the left-turn dash
>indicator.
>
>3) Hazard switch flashes all four corners normally, but the right-turn
>indicator
>on the dash does nothing (stays dark), while the left-turn dash
>indicator flashes appropriately.
>
>That's all you need. Identify the offending wire, by source
>and destination, and tell whether it's shorted to ground or
>opened up  (disconnected). Good luck!!!
>
>P.S. Bonus points if you can explain how this fault caused
>each of the above three symptoms.
>
>P.P.S  I only have a wiring diagram for my '72, so I can't verify
>solutions if the wiring for your year is radically different.  It's
>entirely possible that some years could not produce these exact same
>symptoms.
>
>Scott Gardner
>gardner@lwcomm.com

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE    TELL ME -  I have the self same symptoms on my
70GT except it is the left indicator - I have mused over the wiring
diagrams and intended to change the flasher unit unless i get better
inspiration.- I have to fix this before the car will pass safety and time
is running out!

mike robson
69 roadster
70 BGT