BOUNCE mgs@Autox.Team.Net: global taboo body match "/base64/i" at li

To: mgs
Subject: BOUNCE mgs@Autox.Team.Net: global taboo body match "/base64/i" at line 114 Message too long (>10000 chars)
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 1997 13:33:25 -0700 (MST)

     From: George Merryweather <merryweather@venus.connectware.com>
     Subject: Mailer Problems - Finish Questions
     Date: Tue, 28 Jan 1997 15:33:50 -0600

One media that seems to have slipped off the list in Soda blasting.
This process actually uses baking soda.  I watched this done recently on
a vehicle with the windshield and rubber trim in place.  The technician
blasted the paint away with NO damage to the rubber or glass!  It was
really quite amazing.  The process also generates a very insignificant
amount of heat, which is a major problem with the more aggressive media
available, particularly sand.  One of the most positive factors about
using soda is that you use the media only once.  This could be viewed as
expensive, but the soda itself is relatively cheap.  Why I think this is
an advantage is that there is no chance of having the media
contaminated.  For small parts, i.e. a carburetor being done inside a
cabinet, contamination is typically not a problem, but I took an MGA
door to a professional media blasting shop and it came back pitted,
clean, but pitted.  It seems that a previous job had introduce some
'hard' substances into the media, probably sand, that played havoc on
the aluminum skin of the door.  Should the shop have been more careful?
They thought they were.  With soda, I wouldn't have had the problem.
And one last plus for soda, it is completely biodegradable.  While that
may not be an issue in your back yard, (although it should be), the
residue dissolves.  This also makes it perfect for removing graffiti on
buildings, etc.  OK, so enough about soda.

George Merryweather
merryweather@connectware.com