Re: Electric heaters/ Real TD heater

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Electric heaters/ Real TD heater
From: rdonahue@holli.com (Robert J. Donahue)
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 1997 22:35:55 -0700 (MST)
Well sounds like a big thumbs down on the electric heater,
but all may not be lost. My TD had remnants of a real heater
still on the car when I bought it. In place of the drain
cock on the engine, was a fitting with a hose that was
coupled to another hose coming from a T in the hose
that attaches to the thermostat housing. There were also
two hose sized holes in the firewall (scuttle?). It took me
awhile to figure it out, but there was at one time a heater
in the car which had been taken out. The PO just cut the
hoses that used to go to the heater core, and spliced them
together. So evidently, there was some kind of after market
heater made for the car. Has anybody heard of such a thing?

Bob Donahue, Still Stuck in the '50s
rdonahue@holli.com
53 MG-TD under DIY restoration
71 MGB still in shop, 14 months and counting (the TD is winning)