Re: Multiple Rover 3500s FS

To: ragthyme@fls.infi.net
Subject: Re: Multiple Rover 3500s FS
From: Jim Boyd <gumby@iwi.chico.joshuanet.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 1997 02:42:27 -0800
ckr wrote:

> Jim Boyd wrote:
> >
> > Hey Listers:
> >
> > I have the opportunity to purchase FIVE Rover 3500s from a local owner.
> > Not titles, all have been parked for 5+ years.  All engines are missing
> > distributors (thank you, druggies :>(  )  Lots of very good aluminum
> <SNIP>
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Jim Boyd
> > International Sportscar Components
> > Paradise, CA
>
> I may be naive (or just out of touch) but what do druggies and
> distributors have in common?
>
> Corey
> 75 MGB 'Rags'

Hey Corey!

Here's the answer to your question!  The fella that was living in this
rural mountain cabin apparently supported his drug habit for awhile by
stripping parts off these cars that could be redeemed for cash.

There are also two Mercedes 280s on the property and he removed the
aluminum oil pans and heads to recycle at a nearby aluminum/steel
recycler.  A lot of work for little cash, I might add!

Fortunately for the property owner, the parts off the Mercedes never
made it off the property!  I can't figure out why he didn't remove the
aluminum bonnets, boots and rocker covers off the Rovers...they would
have been easy snatches!

That's the story...hope this helps!

Cheers,

Jim Boyd