Re: TD handbrake

To: Steve Tritle <stevet@hbp.com>
Subject: Re: TD handbrake
From: Geoff Love <engconn@infi.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 1997 10:00:24 -0500
Steve Tritle wrote:

> Where does one grease the handbrake cable on a 52 TD?
>
> Steve
> 52 TD

Steve:

It depends on the type of handbrake cables your car is fitted with.
Most cables I have seen do not have any provission for greasing them,
and therefore is is a matter of trying to get oil down through the outer
flexible 'casings' by disconnecting each end of the cable, and pushing
it to and fro while adding oil at each end in the hope it will work it's
way down the length.  A hit or miss method and not very positive.
However, I have just installed a set of new cables (supplied by Moss
Motors) into a customer's TD both of which came with fitted greasing
nipples halfway along the outer cases.  If your's are similarly fitted,
apply the grease gun there and give a couple of shots.  If none, then
proceed as above, and good luck!

Geoff Love, The English Connection