Joe,

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net, JHUTCHIN@nsc.msmail.miami.edu
Subject: Joe,
From: Richard Lancaster <RLANCASTER@ntia.doc.gov>
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 1997 13:44:59 -0500
Joe,
Almost for sure, at least I did this twice, when you install the
litle plastic insulating post rider and the various washers for the
points in the dizzy, something is wrong and it is all getting shorted
out.  If their directions are not clear, check your MG book or just
carefully follow the path for the current with your eye and you will
find a short.  Good luck,
Randy Lancaster
67 B

From: "HUTCHINS, JOE" <JHUTCHIN@nsc.msmail.miami.edu>
Subject: Ignition Trouble
I've been working on my '73B, which has not run since I bought it
about six
months ago.  In trying to get it ready to crank, I find I have an
ignition
problem which I would appreciate any help available from the list in
resolving.
I am getting no spark at all.   I replaced the points and condenser,
rotor,
distributor cap, the ignition wires and even resorted to a new coil -
all to
no avail.