Re: Blue Ridge Parkway

To: Paul Hunt <on76@dial.pipex.com>
Subject: Re: Blue Ridge Parkway
From: Sally Schlining <schlining.m.w@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 1997 20:44:10 -0600
Paul Hunt wrote:

> > I've been mostly a lurker - lots of great tips etc, but my wife and I have
> > decided how to spend our summer vaction. So I thought I'd ask a question of
> > this helpful group. We have decided to take a trip from Philly down the Blue
> > Ridge Parkway in our Midget.  Does anybody have any suggestions on specific
> > things to see and do? We are planning to travel about 100 to 150 mi perday
> > so we will have plenty of time to sight see. Also, anybody recommend a good
> > MG mechanic in the Lansdale-Allentown PA area. I want to get the car checked
> > professionally before we go.
> >
> > Larry and Janet Macy
> > 78 Midget
> >

> Can't help on the route but I would advise getting the car checked about a
> month before your trip and doing some short trips in between.
>
> PaulH
> 73 Roadster (HD&H)
> 75 V8 (DD)

Some of the suggestions are wonderful - Especially Biltmore.  One thing
about your route however.  DON'T pick up 66 off the  Washington beltway.
 This is a sheer madhouse no matter when you go.  My suggestion would be
to continue 95 south to 695 (Baltimore Beltway) go west to Rt. I-70 and
follow that to Hagerstown to pick up 81 South.  Follow that to 66 East
to pick up the parkway at Front Royal.  It is longer distance, but a
prettier ride if you want to stay on highways to the Parkway. -- AND you
won't have to fight the Washington Beltway and (even more lunatic) the
Fairfax traffic around Rt. 66.

Have a wonderful trip.

Sally Schlining
'57 MGA