Re: TC Engine Color

To: smbrown@annap.infi.net
Subject: Re: TC Engine Color
From: britcars@juno.com
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 1997 12:14:56 EST
On Wed, 05 Feb 1997 22:19:36 -0800 Steve Brown <smbrown@annap.infi.net>
writes:
>Anyone out there have a source for the correct engine paint color for
>'46 MG TC?  Am I correct in believing it to be a grey?

We are restoring a very original TC, off the road since 1958 when it was
in a wreck, so have been able to match exactly the correct color grey for
the engine (from the original un-repainted engine). Ditto the firewall
greenish grey color. We can supply (by ground shipment only) in quarts at
$50  or spray cans at $12.50 ea. It's expensive because it is
custom-mixed for us and is top-quality enamel.

I've read Mike Leckstein's post about what is correct, also Mike
Sherrell's opinions. They're probably right that the colors varied. I can
guarantee, however, that what I have is an exact match of one of the
firewall greens and one of the engine dark greys!

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center