Re: Midget Wing Vents-Please Help!

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Midget Wing Vents-Please Help!
From: "Jerry Causey" <reecau@whidbey.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 1997 21:02:41 +0800
>   On the cover of MG Enthusiast July '96 issue is a race-prepared Midget
> with front wing vents to release the under bonnet heat.The garage that
> did the race prep is called "Moor Lane Garage" in Preston, Lancashire in
> England. Does anyone know what the vents are from? I am hoping that there
> may be a lister who has done this conversion or who lives across the
> street from the garage :).
> Any help much appreciated. The Texas summer is coming, and she runs hot
> NOW. Thanks in advance.

I haven't seen the Enthusiast cover shot of the Midget, but last
Saturday morning, in downtown Seattle, I spotted a red MGB roadster
which sported vents just forward of the door. It was also lowered and
had an after-market exhaust. I almost cut across three lanes of
traffic to chase him down, but I wimped out and went to work instead
- it's been bothering me ever since.

Jerry Causey - 1967 MGB GT
Whidbey Island, Washington, embraced by the Puget Sound
(fairly close to Seattle, and the rest of the USA)