Re: TD gas cap cork seal

To: stevet@hbp.com (Steve Tritle)
Subject: Re: TD gas cap cork seal
From: ad346@lafn.org (Ron Simon)
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 1997 21:42:34 +0100
>My gas cap has been weeping gas ever since I have had my TD. I put a new
>cork gasket in but am puzzled. Does the gasket simply lay in over the
>exposed lip or must one soak the gasket and force it past the lip down
>inside to the bottom of the opening?
>
>When the tank is near full the gas will slosh up to the gasket and weep
>out all over the tank.
>
>Any suggestions? How should the gasket fit?
>
>Steve
>
>"All gassed up". No David...not THAT kind of 'gas'.

Steve, there is a simple cure for your problem with gas spilling out of
your tank. In a recent issue of our club."TC Motoring Guild" newsletter the
"Classic Chassis" there was an article by Phil Marino showing, With
diagrams, how to make a simple tube out of a plumbing part which will
prevent the spillage. Please E-mail me your street address and I will send
you a copy of the article.
Ron Simon ad346@lafn.org